QuickBooks Error 3371 will restrict a user to initialize license property. The screen displays this message “Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data.” Similar errors detected such as QuickBooks H202 Error and QuickBooks H505 Error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371.
The following are the causes of this error:
- Certain QuickBooks files are damaged or corrupted.
- Inability to execute the Microsoft MSXML file.
- Invalid license information.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371.
The following are the symptoms/ signs of this error:
- The screen flash this message “Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data.”
- Inability to access company files and necessary data.
- System crashes and freezes (rarely).
How to Solve the QuickBooks Error 3371?
Below are solutions to quickly fix this error:
Solution 1: Re-install the ‘Entitlement’ file
The entitlement file consists of all the information to ensure with Intuit that the installation of the QuickBooks application on the system is accurate and registered.
- Search ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file in the Entitlement Client folder under the folder for Intuit in the ProgramData.
- Remove the file and open the QuickBooks application again.
- Go to the instructions displayed on the screen to register again QuickBooks on the computer.
Registering again with QuickBooks is the simplest way to make sure that all the required files are constructed as required.
If re-constructing QuickBooks doesn’t work to solve the issue. Proceed with the next step if the issue still exists.
Solution 2: Manually update the Windows
If QuickBooks was working fine on the Windows system and suddenly stopped working, your operating system needs to be updated to the latest version:
- Search ‘Check for updates’ in the system settings.
- Make sure that you see the message “You’re up to date.”
- Perform a basic update of QuickBooks as required.
If this approach still doesn’t work, the last solution is to proceed with a clean install.
Solution 3: Perform a clean installation
A clean install will replace the files on the system to reset the QuickBooks software completely. Usually, this solution needed when the issue is deep-rooted.
The ‘QuickBooks Clean Install Tool’ is available in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. It will delete the program files that are not erased by the above-mentioned solutions. This tool is not able to work for QuickBooks 2020 version in which the folders have to be renamed manually.
This article has covered almost every piece of information and solutions regarding QuickBooks Error 3371. If you still get any issues or want any professional help or guidance, feel free to contact this number: 1-877-349-3776.